If you already read the ‘About Me’ page, you are probably curious to find out more about my travel history.
So, this is my updated Travel Map…(March 2017)
My whole family has strong ties to sports. Mom, dad, brother, grandparents, all practiced some sport (diving, water polo, football, tennis, gymnastics) at a professional level and had the chance to travel abroad. So, I pretty much grew up with their stories.
Since I was a child up until 17 years old, I traveled only in my native country, Romania. I still do it every now and then, whenever I am not away exploring other places.
This is what I’ve seen so far in Romania
Bucharest (my birth city), Muntenia (Prahova Valley, Ploiesti, Pitesti, Curtea de Arges), Transylvania (Brasov, Sighisoara, Sibiu, Targu Mures, Deva, Hunedoara), Oltenia (Craiova, Targu Jiu, Ramnicu Valcea), Banat and Crisana (Resita, Arad, Oradea), Moldavia (Bacau, Piatra Neamt, Iasi), Dobrogea (Constanta, Black Sea Coast)
I started traveling to other countries in 2006…and since then I haven’t stopped.
Here’s where I’ve been abroad
Traveled on 3 continents
- North America
Visited 23 countries + Romania
- Andorra (2016)
- Belgium (2011, 2014): Brussels, Ghent, Bruges, Kortrijk, Ypres
- Bulgaria (2012, 2013): Albena, Balchik, Golden Sands
- Denmark (2007): Viborg
- France (2013, 2015, 2016): Paris, French Pyrenees
- Germany (2007): Nuremberg, Regensburg
- Gibraltar (2014)
- Greece (2013): Athens
- Hungary (2006, 2012): Budapest
- Ireland (2010): Dublin
- Italy (2006, 2011): Turin, Rome, Sardinia (Alghero, Porto Torres)
- Malta (2008): Sliema, St Julians, Valetta, Mosta, Qormi, Mellieha, Golden Bay, Comino, Gozo
- Mexico (2017): Cozumel, Tulum, Mayan villages
- Netherlands (2012): Amsterdam
- Portugal (2011, 2015): Lisbon, Porto, Coimbra, Viana do Castelo
- Slovakia (2012): Bratislava
- Spain (2007, 2008-2011, every year since 2012): Catalonia (Barcelona, Costa Maresme, Costa Brava, Costa del Garraf, Costa Daurada, Girona, Figueres, Empuriabrava, Alta Ribagorça, Alt Urgell, Spanish Pyrenees), Aragon (Zaragoza), Madrid, Valencia, Andalusia (Malaga, Sevilla, Cadiz, Cordoba, Marbella, Tarifa, Torremolinos, Fuengirola), Basque Country (Bilbao, San Sebastian), Galicia (Santiago de Compostela, Vigo, Pontevedra, Finisterre, Muxia, Cies Islands)
- Thailand (2013): Bangkok, Phuket, Krabi, Phi Phi Islands, James Bond Island
- Turkey (2014): Istanbul
- United Arab Emirates (2012-2013): Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah
- United Kingdom (2015): London
- United States of America (2010, 2017): Florida (Sunrise, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Key West)
Lived in 4 countries
- Bucharest, Romania (1989-2008; 2011-2012; 2013-2016)
- Sliema, Malta (June – September 2008)
- Barcelona, Spain (August 2007; October 2008 – September 2011, April 2016 – now)
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates (December 2012 – July 2013)
I am planning to cover my past travels also on this blog, but please be patient because there are lots to share from 2006 until now.
In the mean time…enjoy my blog and follow my upcoming travels 🙂